School, soccer, ballet, football, the list goes on... we're busy these days, but having lots of fun!! We've been capturing some of our good times with the cameras on our phones... pulling out the "good" camera doesn't happen as much as it used to when these guys were little and less mobile. Now they are a mile a minute and we just enjoy the ride!
Having fun in their tent...
Doughnuts... Adam & I have passed our bad habits on to our kids. At least it makes them smile, right?
Headed home naked (besides a diaper) from Allie's soccer game. Yep, this guy lost his mind when his sister took ONE of his almonds. This was definitely his worst "terrible two" episode so far. He got so worked up, he literally threw up all over himself. I stripped him down & cleaned him with wipes.
My goodness!!
This just makes me laugh.... little silly stinker!!
Thrilled about their new books from the school book sale. Allie, of course, chose a Disney princess book. Josh went right for "Pete the Cat." He LOVES this book and is very proud of his "pete cat" book.
Josh even had to take his new book to Allie's soccer practice. I finally got to read the book to him at practice - before then I couldn't pry it out of his hands - if I tried to take it, he'd say "my pete cat." The funny thing is, Pete must be popular for all the little ones, b/c most of the soccer team gathered around while I read it to Josh. Coach Eric had to pull them away from story time and get them back on the field for practice!
Little artist at work.
We confirmed what we thought - these guys aren't quite ready to sit through a whole movie. Allie might, if the movie was about princesses, but even then, I think she is just too busy to sit in a theater for more than 45 minutes. Josh probably will be ready by the time he is Allie's age, but at this point 45 minutes is about all he can do. They both snacked the entire time and we still left about 20 minutes early! I thought I had packed more than enough snacks, but we left with no food!
Although the kiddos weren't quite ready for a full movie, and Adam & I confirmed what we thought, we did have a fun time. It was really exciting to see their faces when they saw the big screen for the first time.
After the movie, I wanted a picture. This is the best one we got!
This post really had no direction. I just needed to get caught up on our recent activities. The blog is the best way for me to keep notes on what Allie & Josh are doing, so forgive me for rambling on! One day it will be nice to be able to look back and see what we were up to! I also know our family and a few of our friends enjoy keeping up with the Bourgoins. =)
A few quick notes on A & J:
Allie
*Her hair is down to her waiste - her plan was to have hair like Rapunzel, but just today she said she wanted to get her hair cut. I'm thinking a healthy trim would be good! She heard me making my hair appointment today (Liz, I'm cheating on you for the first time, but roots are AWFUL) and I think she may tag along!
*LOVES ballet and recently told me she wants tap shoes.
*Doesn't like getting ready and actually going to soccer, but once we get there, she has a lot of fun. Each week she gets more aggressive and seems to enjoy it more!
*She doesn't like milk anymore. We are pushing the cheese and yogurt (which she loves - thank goodness).
*She's still the girliest girl I've ever met!
*Talks about getting another baby ALL THE TIME... not now, Allie. Not now. lol
*She climbs in to our bed early every morning. =)
*Recognizes and sings songs we hear on the radio - her fave is "Call Me Maybe"...
*She knows the days of the week and the months of the years
Josh
*Loves school, just like his sister!
*He's a PICKY eater - I think he's even pickier than Allie ever was.
*Gives really awesome kisses!!
*Loves to hear his prayers. I tell him to close his eyes and he grins so big, while I'm saying them.
*Loves to snuggle before bed, and loves to hear Baby Baluga (actually my version is Baby B'Joshie - I know, incredibly cheesy, but he likes it!)
*He's learning his colors
*He's started describing things as "cool"... so funny to hear him using that word!
*He's learned the fist bump and thinks it's great!
*Still a GREAT sleeper (knock on wood!)










No comments:
Post a Comment