Wow Josh! You're growing fast. You did a fantastic job at your check-up. To my surprise, (unlike your sister) you were really tough when you go your finger pricked. You just looked curiously, trying to figure out what she was doing to your finger. You were 25 lbs and I can't remember your height - I think they forgot to give me the paper with your stats on it.
Anyway, you are one amazing little guy! As I mention all the time, you are such a sweet, loving little snuggle bug. You are starting to talk more. I remember it was around this age when Allie's vocabulary really took off. You are doing the same thing - it seems like each day I hear a new word. A few of the words you frequently say: "no," "mama/mommy," "dada/daddy," "Alla" (Allie), "caca" (cracker), "cookie," "dog," "ball," "mine," "baby," and "ju" (juice). Anytime you see Santa, you say "ho, ho, ho." You have 12 teeth, and you love to flash them. You are SO smiley!! You are very, very flirty with the ladies. You also love getting those teeth brushed. You love to hug, and sometimes you don't realize your own strength. Your hair has really thickened lately, and you probably should get a haircut, but your Daddy & I love the messy look. You really know how to pull it off!
You love cars and any kind of ball. If you see a ball, you yell "ball" until you are holding it. I personally think you are going to be a basketball player, although you love football a lot, too. As I said before, you love your Dirt Devil Jr., and you love pushing around your grocery cart. You are so sweet and help Allie take care of her babies sometimes - it's adorable to see you shushing and bouncing the babies. You are starting to showing interest in coloring, but sometimes I catch you eating the crayons. We have to keep markers away from you, but if you see them and can't have one, you lose.your.mind. You have a tendancy to lose your mind when you don't get your way, and you are VERY LOUD. Your favorite book is "Roadwork" - it's an adorable little book about building a road - it rhymes and has lots of pictures of trucks. You LOVE it! It's become a little ritual for us to read that book at bedtime. One of your favorite t.v. shows is Handy Manny. You also like Barney & Caillou.
You love your big sister, and have already learned how to torment her. Sometimes you two play together so well, and sometimes not so much - Allie has gotten to where she will freak out when you get near her. It's probably b/c you have a dinosaur-like way of trampling all over whatever she is doing. =)
You still go to bed around 7:30, and sleep for about 12 hours. You also still take an afternoon nap, but those have gotten to where they are rarely more than an hour. Feeding you is still quite a challenge. Your faves are the same - spaghetti, pbj and blueberries - but I don't want to let you get tired of those things, so we change it up as much as we can. I always offer you new things, and some things you've already tried, hoping you will start eating more. You drink water, milk and a little bit of juice, which you LOVE. I think you would live off of juice if I let you!
You are at such a fun age and we are having so much fun with you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment