I know, I know. She's three years old. Why are we just saying good bye? Well, Allie doesn't ask for much, but at night she NEEDS her doggie, her "B" (blankie), and up until this past Tuesday, her paci. She didn't get her first tooth until she was one, and that is when she became VERY attached, so we were not even going to attempt to take it away. During the time between age one and two, we did go from having the paci all the time to just at night and in the car. Then at two, we swore we would get rid of it. Well, the doc and the dentist said as long is it was gone by three she would be fine, so we kind of lost the motivation to take it. We got lazy about it, and knew she would not go to first grade with it, so we let it go. She only had it for naps and at night, and we knew we would have it gone by the time she was three. Right? Well, with all we've had going on lately, I decided not to pick this battle. I started snipping the end. It's been a very gradual process, but as of about two weeks ago, the paci nipple was literally cut in half. When I first did that final cut, she gave me the paci and told me it was broken, so she needed another one. I gave her another one (also cut), and she had a very confused look on her face, as if she was thinking, "What is going on here?" I just told her she was three, and her pacis were getting too small. We had been talking for quite a while about how she was too old for a paci and needed to give them to a baby. Well, Tuesday night, she decided on her own that she was done. Allie told me she didn't need her pacis, and she would give them to some of our friends' babies - she named each one. I told her that was great, and I was very proud of her. I told her if she made it through the night with no paci, I would get her a new headband (headband story to come). We decided to put the pacis in the mailbox, and the mailman picked the pacis up and took them to baby Paisley, baby Sam & our other freind's baby that will arrive next month.
This was really the sweetest thing. She said, "Byb-bye pacis."
I was really proud of her for going through with it!
She even put the flag up, and I did not tell her to do that!
No comments:
Post a Comment